Motor Noise Cancellation and improved support for third-party filament on the X1 series printers. We have also enhanced user experience by streamlining the printer binding process and upgrading the interface.
Key enhancements in V.1.7 are:
- Active Motor Noise Cancellation tailored for the X1 series.
- Import functionality for user-created third-party filament profiles (compatible with Bambu Studio V1.8.1).
- An improved UI Menu Structure, offering more intuitive navigation.
- Decreased Screen Interface Latency, ensuring faster user interactions.
- Simplified printer binding with mobile devices, eliminating the need for both devices in the same LAN.
For a more detailed overview of each feature, please refer to the information provided below.
1. Motor Noise Cancellation
The widely acclaimed Motor Noise Cancellation feature from the A1 mini is now available for X1 series printers. This innovative feature reduces motor noise during long-line movements and mitigates the humming sound associated with high-speed printing. Additionally, it slightly improves Vertical Fine Artifacts (VFA), resulting in smoother printed walls. (The VFA is correlated to a lot of factors, including filament condition, print speed, and extrusion calibration. The improvement provided by Motor Noise Cancellation can vary under different circumstances.)
Please remember to run the calibration after updating the firmware to properly activate this feature. You can find the calibration option under the Control-Utilities menu. The process will take approximately 10 minutes.
We also have a short video introducing this function.
2. Enhanced third-party filament support (in conjunction with Bambu Studio V 1.8.1 and up)
With Bambu Studio v1.8.1, users now have the ability to create, modify, and delete custom filament profiles, which are saved in your Bambu account. We’ve created a guide detailing how to establish a custom filament preset and utilize this new feature.
Your X1 printer can now sync these custom filament presets with your account. You’ll find these presets available in the filament selection slots when manually choosing your filament settings.
Please be aware that if you log out from the printer and the device is disconnected from the cloud, the custom filament information on the printer won’t be immediately removed. It will only be cleared when another account is bound to the printer. The custom filament data associated with the new account will then be synchronized, assuming you follow the steps outlined in the guide linked above.
3. Improved Screen Interface Latency
The screen interface latency has been improved in this firmware version, so you can expect slightly faster interactions when using the touchscreen.
4. Improved UI Menu Structure
We have optimized the structure of the settings page by relocating the LAN Only mode option from the Network page to the General page, and we have optimized the UI display of the Network page.
We have also moved the access code information from the “Network” page to the “General” page, and moved the “Video” switch to the list on the right.
To provide a better display of the list of Wi-Fi networks, and the network information, we have optimized the layout of the “Network” page as shown below.
5. Simplified Binding Prerequisite.
In previous firmware versions, when binding the Bambu Handy app to the printer by scanning the QR code, both devices have to be on the same LAN network. Starting with this firmware version, users can perform the binding operation without the need to have both devices on the same LAN.
For this function to work, the region selected on the printer screen must be consistent with the account region selected under the account used in Bambu Handy.
The region selection has been added on the first boot page after the update has been completed.
You can check the account user region under the Settings -> Account page. If you ever need to change the region, you can do so after logging out of the printer and performing the binding operation again.
- Fixed the calibration parameters saving issue.
- Fixed the issue related to the inability to reach the desired temperature and feed filament properly after power outage and machine restart when there is a filament shortage or tangle issue in AMS.
- Fixed the issue of failed bed leveling during printing due to the lack of selecting the resonance frequency recognition option for calibration.
- Fixed the occasional issue of filament retraction failure after printing was completed.
- Fixed some incorrect text that appeared in errors and pop-up windows.
- Other minor bugs
- The custom automatic flow calibration files with custom names can not be saved when powered off.