Vor wenigen Stunden wurde eine neue Public Beta vom BambuStudio released, welche nun in Version 1.8.0 zum download bereit steht. Die sehnlichste Erneuerungen ist hierbei, dass nun endlich den Filamenten eigene Namen zugewiesen werden können und diese nicht mehr als “GenericXX” stehen.
Aber auch so hat sich eine Menge unter der Haube getan, wie man am Changelog sehen kann. Und ich muss ehrlich sagen, dass ich hierbei recht beeindruckt bin…
1. Support creating custom filaments in Bambu Studio
In the past, Bambu Studio provided limited third-party filament presets, users had to use “Generic XXX” for those third-party filaments, which brought lots of trouble to AMS mapping. Now, you can set up your own custom filaments right in Bambu Studio. In this release, Bambu Studio provides a handy way to create custom filaments directly in Bambu Studio.
You can create/delete custom filaments or create a preset for existing filament from the “Edit Filament” page. Detailed instructions are available on our Wiki.
Also the custom filaments could be chosen on X1 and X1C printers, and start printing as system filaments. The functionality will be available after the firmware update to version 1.6.6 (public beta version, will come out soon)
2. Support creating custom third-party printers
Previously, when Bambu Studio did not support certain printers, or if users sought to enhance their printing quality by altering the printer nozzle, the requisite manual adjustment of printer profiles was cumbersome. To address this, we have introduced an automated function that facilitates the creation of necessary printer presets. This functionality can be accessed via the designated function entrance detailed below. Once created, the custom printer presets will be organized within the ‘User Presets’ category. Comprehensive guidance on utilizing this new feature is provided in our Wiki.
3. Supports exporting and importing printers’ profiles, filament profiles, and process profiles.
You may share profiles with others by these way offline.
The function entrance shown in the left picture. The right shows the export UI. Please check the Wiki page for details.
The import configs feature now supports four different file types, namely .json, .bbscfg, .bbsflmt, and .zip.
4. Support auto flush calculation function
In multi-color printing scenarios, it is not uncommon for users to overlook the computation of filament flush volumes, or to omit recalculations upon changing filament colors, resulting in print defects. To mitigate this issue, Bambu Studio now incorporates an automatic flush volume calculation feature. While you add a new filament or edit the color of filaments, flush volumes will recalculate automatically.
5. auto-arrange objects to the middle of the plate while switching the printer profile.
You may always be upset that the objects need to be arranged to plate manually while switching the printer profile. However, it will never bother you again. When the printer profile is changed, objects are automatically arranged onto the corresponding plates.
6. Add connector function.
The cut tool in Bambu Studio has been upgraded to offer new features, including the Snap connector and dovetail cutting, alongside improvements to the existing flat cutting capability. This enhancement includes code adapted from PrusaSlicer, and we acknowledge the efforts from PrusaSlicer and the contributors @YuSanka, @enricoturri1966
- Support nozzle diameter detection and nozzle hardness detection
While the printer assignment is sent, Bambu Studio detects if the nozzle is qualified to print the filaments:
a. Check whether the diameter of the preset nozzle is the same as the diameter of the printer nozzle.
b. Check whether the hardness of the printer nozzle is suitable for the filaments used for printing.
This feature reduces the risk of nozzle clogging and ensures the nozzle’s longevity by preventing excessive wear.
Note: The diameter and the hardness of the nozzle could be set on the printer’s screen.
Bambu Studio now supports file browsing for P1/P1S/A1 mini. Please note that this feature relies on the printer firmware being upgraded to a new version(P1P/P1S v1.5 and A1 mini v1.2 to be released).
When this feature is enabled, you can browse and download timelapse video files on the printer through the studio, browse model slice files on the printer, and initiate printing; However, the downloading model function of these models on printers is still not supported.
- Add more layer height profiles for P1P’s 0.2 0.6 0.8 nozzle
- Add “top area threshold” in develop mode, which could improve top area quality in some cases, thanks @igiannakas
In developer mode, there is a new parameter called “top area threshold.” This determines the extent to which the area of the top layer is reduced to decide if the “only one wall on top” setting should be applied. Adjusting this threshold influences the contraction parameter. Increasing it can enhance the model’s appearance. For instance, the left sphere shows some top layers with a single loop, leading to an uneven top surface. In contrast, the right sphere, with fewer top layers, presents a more refined shape.
- Add the “best object position” parameter to allow users to define the optimal position to put the model.
The parameter could be modified in the printer settings, and auto-arrange will put the model in the position set. We have set the different best positions for the A1 mini and X1 series.
- Add Tree Organic as a new support style. This feature is picked from PrusaSlicer. Thanks to PrusaSlicer. #797 #1785 #2420
- improves the connection of the patches.
When using a multi-material painting tool, there is now an option to enable the interlocking of the painted patches with the neighboring segments. This improves the connection of the patches. This function is picked from PrusaSlicer, thanks to PrusaSlicer.
Refer to the figure below for the parameter’s location. This parameter’s value indicates the embedding depth for odd-numbered layers, with a value of 0 deactivating this feature.
- Support to search model by name on the object list
- Add wipe tower weight summary in gcodeviewer #1167 #2576
- Support to edit plate names on the object list.
- Support to set ironing angle.
The ironing angle refers to the relative angle infill direction and the ironing. This feature allows users to change the angle between the ironing and the infill direction to get smoother ironing.
- Add Korean language support, maintained by Bambu Lab
- New Languages support from community: Russian, Czech, Ukrainian. thanks to stasyan68, and @renemosner, @iZonex ,
- Object List shows the plate parameters
- Re-add firmware retraction for 3rd-party printers #2319 #969
- Support modifying the bottom interface layers
- Bring back the function that sets the z-hop boundary.
Z hop will only be enabled at boundary height range (between Z hop lower boundary and Z hop higher boundary). This is the original function. Now we reopen it.
- Added “filament tangle detect” option on A1 mini printing options
- Put daily tips into the slicing progress bar.
- Optimize the display of black models #2761
- Mouse following and specifying the initial position in the painting of the height range
- Filaments whose filament ID matches the prepare page will have printing priority
When there are multiple AMS slots containing the same class of materials (such as two PLA materials, one is PLA Basic and the other is PLA Mattle), in the case of the same color, priority should be given to selecting AMS slots that are consistent with the material
- Add an option named “no interface filament for body” to prevent support interface filaments from printing support bodies.
This parameter could be seen in the develop mode. This avoids the issue of support collapse caused by using filaments with low adhesion to print the support body.
- Support to trigger slicing after inserting all change filament gcode to a customized position.
- In the painting tool, turn on/off the wireframe function by the Alt+Shift+enter key #2109
- Allow third-party printers to open chamber-temperature control in develop mode
- Allow setting spacing to 0 to auto-calc the auto-arranging spacing.
- Improve tree support strength and generation speed.
- Add segment nozzle cleaning for PLA-CF & PETG during filament change
- Auto arranging aligns rectangle objects better.
- Add a new generic object torus model
- Allow more filaments of different printing temperatures to be put on the same plate by auto-arranging.
Previously we had a limited number of different types of filaments to be put on the same plate by auto-arranging. The logic was, that two filaments couldn’t be put on the same plate if their printing temperatures were too different. For example, if we had a PLA object and a PETG object, they would not be put on the same plate by auto-arranging, because their printing temperatures are different by more than 20 degrees.
This limitation is now relaxed. Filaments are classified as “low temperature” (PLA, TPU, etc.), “high temperature” (ABS, PC, etc.), and “compatible temperature” (PETG, etc.). We don’t allow low and high-temperature filaments to be put on the same plate, and this is the only restriction. Therefore, PLA and PETG objects can be put together now.
- Improve the performance of auto brim to reduce unnecessary brims.
- Limit the K value range of dynamic calibration from 0 to 0.3
- Put the wall order parameter on the object level
- Prompt dialog for optimizing studio versions below 3mf
- Change the position of the revert button to avoid clicking accidentally.
- Support inserting custom gcode between objects.
- Support exporting all objects to a series of STL files from 3mf.
- All notifications are expanded by default
- Make the inserted gcode of the preview more conspicuous
- Improving the AMS display of empty disks
- Improve the visibility of AMS checkboxes
- Redesigned the access code/IP input interaction process
- Add logic to check whether gcodes have been modified when loading 3mf. If yes, pop up a window
- Don’t show the full model name when the name is too long
- Increase the top layer of 0.4 nozzle profile to improve the top surface quality
- Move “support air filtration” to advanced mode
- optimize 3rd-party printers’ process profiles
- Add plate name undo/redo function #2061
- Add cursor and enter key confirm plate name #2704
- Text shape is visible from the camera’s top perspective
- Fix the issue that exported generic 3mf could not upload to the cloud
- Fix the load 3mf from disk fail issue #2324 #2696 #2258 #2246 #2209
- Fix the black texture bug that occurs when plate names are all spaces
- Fix the bug that the “Cancel” button can modify the plate name #2210
- Fix some UI issues caused by multilanguage support
- Fix the issue of inaccurate calibration progress displayed during the calibration process.
- Fix the issue with incomplete information display on the AMS page for the Mac A1 Mini device
- Fixed the issue of the external filaments feed button with no response.
- Added warnings for PVA, PA-CF, and PET-CF filaments when sending a print job.
- Select the Ext Spool by default when AMS is not available.
- Fix the crash while the outer wall width is 0
- Fix the wall order error on the Arachne mode while applying the sandwich wall order @igiannakas #2182
- Fix possible slicing failure with both adaptive layer height and wipe tower. #2294
- Fix possible overlapping of objects and wipe tower after auto-arranging.
- Add more photo shoot commands in end gcode of A1mini
In this way, the timelapse video will last about 1 more second at normal speed making the ending not so abrupt.
- Fix possible floating interfaces of hybrid support.
- Fix the issue that tree support may pass through objects.
- Fix the issue that the first layer of tree support may get over extrusion with Arachne wall generator.
- Fix possible floating tree supports.
- Show the cost while import gcode file
- Fix that the “+” button in height range is invisible in some language #2203
- Fix that slice with a customized Change Filament Gcode may cause crash
- Fix crash at switching dark mode or changing screen DPI
- Fix that the speed value in the preview is not correct if the travel option is checked #2513
- Fix crash when pressing Enter on the height range modifier in Linux #2481
- FIX Misplaced message when opening an A1mini-profile with “print by object” #2803
- Fix can not save project files with certain characters #2455
- Fix no context in the alert window. #2360
- Fix occasional Crash when syncing user presets from the cloud during app startup #2850
- After successfully sending the printing task, when redirecting to the device page, the progress bar displays 100% instead of 0%.
- Fix the name displayed issue of long name filaments
- Fix the bug of skipping the change filament while printing by object #2776